Call for Workshops & Sessions
The organisers of the 4th International Conference on Internet Science INSCI 2017 cordially invite you to submit a workshop proposal. INSCI is a well-established venue for presenting research results and innovations in the area of Internet Science. Co-located workshops and sessions at INSCI conferences are an opportunity for discussing ongoing work and the latest innovations in the field. We encourage submission of proposals relating to the conference topics, and we especially welcome workshop and session proposals with an interdisciplinary character, proposals focusing on policy making, or those gathering a sub-community.
We also encourage European projects in the Internet area (i.e., CAPS) to profit from the conference by co-locating a dissemination event. Only a small number of workshops and sessions will be accepted, according to the resources (mainly space) at disposition. Priority will be given to interactive events, that aim at involving visitors and citizens.
Deadline for Workshops & Sessions Proposals: 10 April 2017
Notification of Acceptance: 24 Apr 2017
Workshop proposals should be addressed to Sotiris Diplaris (email@example.com).
The papers from the accepted workshops and sessions will appear in a post-conference proceedings volume to be published by LNCS Springer.
Submission Guidelines and Instructions
Each Session or Workshop may consist of paper presentations, round table discussions or other creative means of interactive engagement among the participants, or even a combination of above.
Proposals for workshops or sessions should contain the following sections:
- Profiles/ experience of the organisers
- Areas covered related to the Conference
- Description of the activity
- Indicative list of panel members (if applicable)
- Number of papers expected (if applicable)
- Space required
- Equipment required (beyond projector)
Each proposal will be reviewed by the members of the workshops and sessions committee, and ranked based on the overall quality of the proposal and the workshop's fit to the conference as detailed below. The final decision on the acceptance / rejection of each proposal will be taken by the Workshop and Sessions Chairs of INSCI 2017 based on the committee’s recommendations.
The organisers of accepted workshops or sessions will be responsible for their own reviewing process, best paper award, publicity (e.g., website, timelines and call for papers), and proceedings production. They will be required to closely cooperate with the Workshop and Sessions Chairs and the INSCI 2017 Local Chairs to finalise all organisational details.Each accepted workshop or session will have the following payment options:
- Pay a workshop/session organization fee (to be announced) that will include free access to the workshop participants (suitable option for EU projects organising a workshop)
- Workshop/session participants pay the workshop registration fee (to be announced). Organisers get a free registration if the workshop brings more than 10 registered participants, or the session brings more than 6 registered participants accordingly
Criteria for Selecting Workshops & Sessions
The criteria for judging the quality of workshop and session proposals are as follows:
- Co-located workshops and sessions cover topics falling in the general scope of the INSCI conference.
- There is potentially a significant community interested in the workshop's or session’s topic.
- Workshops are intended to be genuine interactive events with creative structure and not mini-conferences
- Workshops should have a clear focus on a specific technology, policy issue, problem or application.
- Workshop duration should be half a day, session duration should be 2 hours
In case overlapping workshops or sessions are proposed, the Workshop and Sessions Chairs may contact the organisers to discuss the possibility of merging workshops/sessions. Please note that the duration of a workshop/sessions might need to be adjusted based on the overall number of submissions received.
Workshops & Sessions Chairs
- Sotiris Diplaris (CERTH/ITI, Greece)